What we have achieved so far with the Athletic Training Centre!
Since the launch of the training centre in May 2012, the Kenyan team together with Bernd Breitmaier has achieved a lot:
- Five full-time employees and ten active coaches in the network
- Own bakery and chicken farm
- Positive life changes in many athletes and coaches
- Athletic achievements
- in January 2017 Emmanuel Korir set a new world record in 600m indoors as a freshman in college
- Two silver medals at the 2012 Paralympics in London
- Spencer Maiyo won the Kenyan Trials 2014, 5000m juniors
- Spencer and Isaac are the first Complete Sports athletes winning races in Germany
- in 2016 seven of our athletes qualified for Kenyan National Championships, four of them making the finals
- many victories up to regional levels in Kenya
- in 2017 Noah Kipkemboi (seniors) and Daniel Kipchumba (juniors) both won on the same day an Cross Country race of the official Athletics Kenya series
- In 2016 Kenneth Keter runs the Venlo Half Marathon in 59:48min
- Eliud Too wins the Dublin Marathon in 2014
Almost every year some of our athletes get a job with KDF or Police or Prison in Kenya through running. Some others of our athletes have earned their money or are on their way to earning money through professional running. Athletes with good school grades get our support to study abroad. Until the end of 2016 five of our athletes received scholarships from universities in the USA. The remaining rest of our athletes are mentored by our staff in finding the right approach to start a small business in Kenya or/ and farming. Complete Sports is trying its best to help fund the start.
Emmanuel Korir WORLD RECORD!
Yay, a cow!
From September to November 2014, we had two athletes, Spencer Maiyo and Isaac Yego, invited to Germany. It was their first time outside of Kenya and we were able to cover their flights and housing through donations.
They were housed in an apartment near Altenkirchen with other runners. Both received very positive feedback on their behavior, character, and performance. By winning a few races in Germany they could take some money home. Isaac bought his family a cow and was able to help pay the medical bill for his sick mother.